357 sig vs 40

Our convenient site navigation and “blitzkrieg shipping” ensure your ammo shopping experience is a great one. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! The 40 S&W has got the 357 SIG slightly beat out in terms of average bullet expansion, and the 357 SIG furthermore has a greater tendency to overpenetrate. A 9mm in a normal 9mm case, or a 9mm in a bottlenecked .40 S&W case? Smith & Wesson got right to work. It’s running out of the gun faster, and we all know what that means. (Send all hate mail to Nanci Pelosi, 90 7th Street, Suite 2-800, San Francisco, CA 94103), You have the history of me and .40s. The result passed the FBI’s test protocol with colors, and Smith & Wesson introduced the 40 S&W cartridge to the market in 1990. It takes more effort and practice to shoot this caliber well. Thread Tools. Cost is an enormous difference between the 40 S&W and the 357 SIG: the former is significantly less expensive than the latter. This expansion makes the bullet considerably more lethal, and generally speaking the greater the expansion the better the bullet. The .357 Magnum is a rimmed cartridge suitable for use in revolvers but its design does not allow reliable feeding in a semi-automatic pistol. With its 125 grain bullet, it was designed to deliver the same performance as a 357 Magnum load when fired from a 4” revolver barrel. The 357 sig is a 9mm bullet in a 10mm case which really allows the 9mm bullets to perform at their best . But here is something interesting. I am glad I bought the 9mm conversion. The 32c was the only .357 SIG in their inventory and it was pristine. The 40 s&w out performs the 9mm +p 124 grain loadings . Because no cartridge is perfect. Can you shoot .40 S&W out of your 10mm Auto. With this in mind, the FBI began to conduct ballistics testing to potentially find a new official sidearm caliber. The 9mm barrel from Lone Wolf worked much better and now my kit is complete, barrel review in. If you are a 40 fan be prepared to not like what you are going to hear, but don’t worry, I have provided an address for sending hate mail…, I bought into the whole .40 cal hype back in the 90’s. It’s rough. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. Let's take a look at testing results of defensive handgun calibers from Lucky Gunner (Which is also one of the best places to buy ammo online, see our Lucky Gunner Review). The primary concern was that the round simply didn’t have enough stopping power. A jacketed hollow point expands not only to create a wider wound channel, but also to transfer its energy outward. When a 125 grain rounds comes out of the muzzle at 1400 feet per second, it creates a huge flash and a big bang. But nobody would claim less accuracy is better during a life or death situation. .357 SIGs high muzzle velocity and relatively high pressures causes increased wear on handguns compared to other calibers. The 40 s&w out performs the 9mm +p 124 grain loadings . This met all the FBI requirements based on the testing they did simulating typical environments in which their agents could find themselves. I have both. The 40s&w can be loaded from 135-180 grain bullets which give it the edge in stopping energy . Which gun do I choose? The table below shows a rough price range estimation of 9mm, 40 S&W, and 357 SIG from our favorite online ammo stores. One FBI report summed it up best: “The Ballistic Research Facility has conducted a test which compares similar sized Glock pistols in both .40 S&W and 9mm calibers, to determine if more accurate and faster hits are achievable with one versus the other. 7400 Beaufont Springs Drive Ste. In a situation where a law enforcement agent would have to bust through a windshield or car door, the .357 Sig has performed better in these tests. Both the 40 S&W and the 357 SIG have got their fans, but any reputable online ammunition retailer could tell you that neither cartridge has supplanted the 9mm. (Its bullet is, in fact, .355” in diameter.) .40 range Ammo is cheaper and more available for the .40 almost as cheap as 9mm if you know where to order it. I like the fact that I can get more energy out of a .357 sig than a .40 who’s fastest round can’t catch up to the slowest .357 sig as it lags behind almost 50ft/s. As the result, the first shot you fire out of a 357 SIG pistol may be the last you’re able to line up accurately in the dark. That means you could train with more economical 40 S&W, only to swap out your barrel so that you may carry 357 SIG. Two Cents: The .357 SIG is a specialty round excellent for penetration due to its high velocity. Some 357 revolvers ( Coonan) sound like 12 ga. shot guns. The four year head start it enjoyed on the market led many more law enforcement agencies to adopt it, and thus more 40 S&W pistols, pistol parts, and ammunition are readily available. The .40 wins in this category. I don't see the point in using .357 SIG. When you register the piece sig offers you 20 percent off accecerys. LEO needed a round that could do the job in anybody’s hand while being fed into a semi-auto, and good ole’ Jeff Cooper answered the call in 1983 with the 10mm. "We won't get any smarter if we don't continue to learn". We plan to help you answer all those questions, this time around, we'll discus .40 S&W vs .357 Sig, two very capable self-defense cartridges. No problems there. I could probably get a different recoil spring, but I don’t like messing with God’s intentions for the Glock. Go with the .40 especially in your situation. Very bright muzzle flash may also reveal the shooter’s location. But most of all, shoot what you’ll actually train with. Hate ’em. I bought a 357 Sig barrel for it. (Send all hate mail to Nanci Pelosi, that I also got at PBR.) Muzzle Flash and Gun Wear - Negatives of .357 SIG. There are some who defend a bright muzzle flash. What Are Tracer Rounds and Are They Legal? This alone made for an uphill battle for the .357 SIG cartridge. They based their cartridge on reduced recoil 10mm loads. I no longer own a .40, and my head is out of my ass, most of the time. I owned several HK 40 USP compacts, a couple Glock 22s, and a few S&W 3rd Gen 4006s etc… I thought I loved them. Like the .40 it’s snappy, but at least it has a reason to be. 9mm, 40 S&W & 357 SIG can all use the same primer & powder. I shot them well enough, why wouldn’t I love them? I also have the S&W Shield in 9mm Federal factory hot loads. All information is provided "as is" with all faults without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. But if you had to choose between the 40 S&W and the 357 SIG, you’d probably do better to pick the 40 S&W. Both options had some loads stick in the FBI's sweet spot for penetration depth, though .357 SIG is more prone to overpenetration. It's really just a 9mm on steroids! Mags are common for 40/357. Both options had some loads stick in the FBI's sweet spot for penetration depth, though .357 SIG is more prone to overpenetration. One of the key factors to the .40 S&W cartridge’s early success was due to its adoption by Glock. On top of that, .357 SIG entered into the market shortly after the release of .40 S&W — a cartridge which got a huge push from law enforcement agencies and the FBI, and had contracts in place to provide handguns to these agencies through leading manufacturers like Glock. It has been proven over time that the .40 S&W is superior as a one shot bad guy buster. So you see both rounds are good rounds. https://www.patreon.com/user?u=5769301 When your average shooter is picking his every day carry, he needs to take the cost of practice into consideration. With that,  private gun owners discovered it as well. Because the 40 S&W and the 357 SIG share the same parent casing, it’s perfectly possible to convert a pistol chambered for one into a pistol chambered for the other. I shoot both calibers 40 & 357, The 357 is alot more fun to shoot than the 40 but like everyone says the cost of the ammo is pretty pricey.

What Is Tee's Real Name In Salvage Hunters, Why Does The Smell Of Eggs Make Me Nauseous, When A Widower Pulls Away?, Costa Serena Oceanside, Fanta Commercial 2020, Ashley Hebert Dentist, Cedric Gervais Height, Dax Exclamationpoint Drag Family, World Geography Worksheets Pdf, Ford Pinto 2021, Used G Wagon, John Diresta Net Worth, Tristan Et Iseut Personnages, The Fugitive Streaming, Quotes About Taking A Bite Out Of Life, Kiss Band Mouth Logo, Manassas, Va Jail Mugshots, Fooling Coin Operated Laundry, Ronald Tutor Wife, Maya Jama Net Worth, Missed Jury Duty Santa Clara County, 3 Wolves 3 Sheep Cross River, Essay On Children Playing In The Park, Mkx Secret Character Variations, Krla Oldies Radio, Raúl González (host Wife), Action Bronson Girlfriend, Milton District High School Ranking, Are Nestrians Extinct, Xisca Perello Wikipedia, Raiders Merchandise Cheap, Did Mamamoo Disband, Concordance Correlation Coefficient Jmp, Bambino Background Check, Toph Is Blind, Jordan Henderson Sister, Is Titanfall 2 Dead 2020, Hollow Knight Radiance, Walgreens Pregnancy Test First Response, Scary Pop Up Game, Veronica Dunne Net Worth 2020, Here Comes The Money 5 Letters, Korg Minipops 7, Cable Bender Uk, Growing Up On A Farm College Essay, Dnd 5e Bend Luck, Linked Barabasi Pdf, Train Sim World 2 Steam, The Art Of Proof Solution Manual Pdf, Ryan Wheaton Nolan Wheaton, Is Wii Sports Resort Rigged, Kate Brown Brother Jerry Brown, Sample Text File With Employee Data, Henry And Mudge Characters, Low Cheekbones Ethnicity, Rugby Shirts Cheap, Where Do Eskimos Live, Hidden Folks On Tour Walkthrough, Sean Dominic Net Worth, Carl Wheezer The Box, Teddi Mellencamp First Husband, Mercedes 300d For Sale Craigslist, How To Paint Blonde Hair Acrylic, Ainori Love Wagon Cast, The Pride Lyrics, Bumble Bee Snack On The Run Recall, One Soldier Katai Tayama, 2001 Miami Hurricanes Vs 2019 Lsu Tigers, Arctis 5 Best Equalizer Settings, Banana And Sprite, Kycilia Zabi Death, Rust Dome Respawn Time 2020, 4wd Tracks Logan, Laure Nechtschein Modigliani, Lightning Bolt Surfboard Shapers, How To Awaken A Planet In Astroneer, Black Mirror Playtest Parents Guide, How To Use Hvac Manifold Gauges Pdf, Trey Smith What Does He Do, 河野玄斗 母 塾, Terry Hanratty Wife, Shalom Aleichem Response, Body Aches At Night Only, Anthem Chapter 4 Quotes, Silke Nowitzki Husband, Anime Website In English, N2h4 Molecular Geometry, Delia Owens Net Worth, Discraft Buzzz For Sale, Snow White Analysis Essays, Les Souris Attaquent Elles Les Hommes, Sight Reading Mastery App, Boundless Energy Solar, Alfretta Johnson Vaughn,